I love Bacon

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Anyone who has known me for any length of time more than likely knows of my great love for the crispy, salty, delicious piece of pig! There's just something so right about the sizzling unkosher delight. 

I've heard it called the "gateway meat" for vegetarians. I was raised Seventh-Day Adventist; and until I was 15 I was sheltered from things like bacon, lobster, shrimp, sausage -- the list goes on. So when I had my first taste of the Three Little Pigs, I was hooked!

Where did that come from? Mr. Incredible and I have been talking about our eating habits lately and what changes we'd like to make. I found a very good menu planning site for busy families: Once A Month Mom. This site provides menus for anywhere from a week to an entire month, you can make it all in advance and freeze it, and pop it in the oven as needed. Saves time, money and you know you have meals already - for us, cutting the temptation to pack up and drive to McDonald's!

They have at least six specific menus to fit varying families' needs! I'm very excited. We actually talked about some Vegetarian/Vegan meals, they certainly look good! We said that we could actually see ourselves going that route if it wasn't for bacon! Anyway we'll see how it goes. :)

One very cool thing I found on YouTube, for Vegetarians who are itching for the yummy sizzling goodness of bacon, is this: Shiitake Mushroom Bacon! Enjoy!!!



Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message here. :)