Thursday, March 8, 2012

Today has been a kitchen cleaning day. One of my favorite little tricks is for cleaning the icky, sticky, hardened, and crusty splattered gunk off of the inside of my microwave. While I'm not 100% certain where I picked up this neat little trick, but I can almost guarantee you that it came from my mother.


Here's what I do:

1. I grab a bottle of Windex, and spray the inside.
2. I wet a dish towel and put it in the microwave.
3. I microwave it for a couple of minutes (beware, the towel will be hot b/c we just microwaved it!).
4. I open it up, take the towel out. Grab a clean dish towel or a paper towel and wipe the inside of the microwave out.  It comes cleans so easily!! 


Basically the steam from the towel softens it all up. As for the Windex I'm honestly not sure what it adds to the cleaning magic of it all or if it's more of my personal preference. Either way, it works like a charm! If it saves time and energy, I'm all for it. Hope that somebody finds this as useful and awesome as I do! 



Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message here. :)