Skip to main content

Amazon Affiliate Disclosure

Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
Today has been a kitchen cleaning day. One of my favorite little tricks is for cleaning the icky, sticky, hardened, and crusty splattered gunk off of the inside of my microwave. While I'm not 100% certain where I picked up this neat little trick, but I can almost guarantee you that it came from my mother.


Here's what I do:

1. I grab a bottle of Windex, and spray the inside.
2. I wet a dish towel and put it in the microwave.
3. I microwave it for a couple of minutes (beware, the towel will be hot b/c we just microwaved it!).
4. I open it up, take the towel out. Grab a clean dish towel or a paper towel and wipe the inside of the microwave out.  It comes cleans so easily!! 


Basically the steam from the towel softens it all up. As for the Windex I'm honestly not sure what it adds to the cleaning magic of it all or if it's more of my personal preference. Either way, it works like a charm! If it saves time and energy, I'm all for it. Hope that somebody finds this as useful and awesome as I do! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Fridays: Roasting Marshmallows at the Kitchen Table

It's been a while since we had a Family Fridays post!
I can't even imagine how that happened, but we're back! And I can't wait to tell you what Pirate and I just did! 
But first! If you follow us on Facebook, (and you totally should!), you may have seen me post this. Well, here is the much awaited answer.
If you've been following my blog for any amount of time, you may know how important quality time is to us, and especially to our six year old, Pirate. 

Pirate's days are long. They start before "bright and early", since it's still dark at 5am. By the time she gets off of the school bus, we get about three good hours with her a day, four if we're lucky. After the 7 o'clock hour rolls around, all bets are off. Exhaustion takes over. Monsters come out. 


All that to say, family time has to be found and seized!

One year old Tootsie Roll was already down for a nap when Pirate got off of the bus. It was too cold to play outside,  I took one of her favor…

Family Friday: D I Y Game of Clue!

I'm super psyched about this post! It's been in the works for about a week now, and has been a labor of love.  

Mr. Incredible works long hours, so family time has to be found and seized! Hopefully, this will be the first in a weekly series called Family Friday. True, I'm not posting this one on a Friday. But as it turns out, the timing turned out to be perfect as we are SNOWED IN!!
Without further ado, I give you:  The Game of Clue: DIY STYLE!


Nothing says family time like sitting around the table, accusing each other of murder! Clue is a game that is older than tablets and apps. It comes from my childhood, but Mr. Incredible and Pirate had never played before.
Pirate loves few things more than a good craft, so I wanted to see if we could use the wonders of Google (and our printer) to make our own. Originally, I had planned on personalizing it by making family and friends into the suspects. But I thought I’d better keep it simple this time. As soon as Pirate heard that I had a…

Family Fridays: 5 Family Activities to Try Today

It's Family Friday! Here is a list of five things you can do with your family today! Many of them are free, or at least inexpensive. But all of them have the potential to create some fun memories. 

1. Go to the park.



Grab a picnic blanket, pack a lunch & go to the park. It sounds like a cliché, but just getting outside and changing your environment is half the fun. Eat on the ground, play a game of I-spy, make an obstacle course and have the kids beat their best times, lay back and discover pictures in the clouds. The sky is the limit! Literally, if you're cloud watching!
2. Go bowling.



There’s nothing like the look on a kid's face the first time they knock a bunch of pins down!

3. Go rock hounding. 

This is a favorite in our home. Mr. Incredible and Pirate try and find unusual and special rocks, they bring their rocks home and identify them through books and online. Pirate loves to collect rocks in general. Mr. Incredible loves the science behind different rocks. They colle…